1. Is my mobile device i.e. mobile phone covered if it is stolen or damaged because of robbery or burglary during the Journey?
Allianz Travel Insurance will pay the insured person up to the sum insured as stated in the Schedule of Benefits if mobile device is stolen or damaged because of robbery or burglary during the Journey. Only claims submitted with police report would be considered.
2. Are my travel documents covered if it is lost during the Journey?
In the event that the insured person loses his/ her travel documents during the journey as a direct result of robbery, burglary or theft, Allianz Travel Insurance will reimburse the insured person up to the sum insured as stated in the Schedule of Benefits for the replacement cost for travel documents, including necessary and reasonable travel and accommodation costs. Only claims submitted with police report would be considered.
3. Can my travel insurance policy be renewed or extended?
Your policy may not be renewed or extended. However, if any circumstance exists during the journey which is outside the insured person’s control and the journey is extended beyond the period stated in the Certificate of Insurance, we will automatically extend your policy for a maximum ten consecutive days without charge for such an extended period as is reasonably necessary for completion of the insured person’s journey.
4. Can my travel insurance policy be cancelled?
For Single trip, no refund of premium will be allowed once the policy is issued.
For Annual cover, the policy may be cancelled by giving the us written notification, in which case the prorated portion of the premium paid shall be refunded as per the refund premium table, provided no claim has occurred and been made in respect of the Annual cover.
5. Is there time of notice of travel insurance claim?
Written notice of loss on which a claim may be based must be given to the Company within 30 days after the date of the incident causing such loss and in the event of accidental death, immediate notice thereof must be given to us.
6. Does Cancellation of Journey extend to air miles?
As part of the loss of travel fare on common carrier and Allianz Travel Insurance shall reimburse the value of frequent flyer points, air miles or loyalty card points lost by insured person as a result of cancelling the services paid for with those points, air miles which is not recoverable from any other source.
Please refer to the for the calculation for reimbursement of Frequent Flyer points, Air miles or Loyalty Card Points.
7. Can I be insured if I haven not had COVID-19 vaccination?
Our travel insurance policy does not require you to be vaccinated, and you can buy our travel insurance plans directly on our website.
8. Can I amend data that has been input wrongly, which includes plan, last name & first name, Identify Card number, birthday, start & end date?
Upon issuance of the Policy, all of the details of the insurance, including the Insured Persons, Departure Date, Insurance Expiry Date and Destinations, are confirmed and final and cannot be changed.
9. Am I covered for ski sport activity?
Participating in skiing activities provided by local ski resorts in tourist destinations, and skiing activities conducted under the guidance and supervision of qualified instructors is normally covered.
10. Is Rental Vehicle Excess covered?
We shall reimburse the Insured Person up to the Sum Insured as stated in the Schedule of Benefits for the Insured Person if the Insured Person rents or hires a Rental Vehicle in the course of the Journey which is involved in a collision whilst under the control of the Insured Person or such vehicle is stolen or damaged and the rental agreement includes an excess (or deductible or similar condition).
11. Are Baggage and Personal Effects covered?
We will pay the Insured Person up to the Sum Insured as stated in the Schedule of Benefits if Your Baggage and Personal Effects are stolen, accidentally damaged, or are permanently lost during the Journey.
12. Am I covered for Oversea Medical & follow up Medical expenses?
The Insured Person sustains an Injury or Sickness during the Journey and as a result the Insured Person incurs medical expenses for treatment of the said Injury or Sickness prior to his/her return to Hong Kong, we shall reimburse the Insured Person up to the Sum Insured stated in the Schedule of Benefits for that portion of the medical expenses.
In the event that the Insured Person, following his/her return to Hong Kong, requires follow-up medical treatment for the Injury or Sickness (i.e. in addition to the treatment for the Injury or Sickness received prior to the Insured Person’s return), then we shall also reimburse the Insured Person up to the limit stated in the Schedule of Benefits for that portion of the follow-up medical expenses which
i) are incurred within 3 months of the Insured Person’s return to Hong Kong and
ii) constitute Usual, Reasonable and Customary Medically Necessary Expenses charged by a Qualified Medical Practitioner.
13. If I feel unwell while traveling abroad but do not consult a doctor until I return to Hong Kong, will I still be covered?
The insured person must consult a doctor during their trip abroad in order to claim for overseas medical expenses after returning to Hong Kong. If medical attention is not sought during the trip abroad, there will be no medical compensation coverage upon return to Hong Kong.
14. How can I contact the emergency service?
Please contact the 24 hours emergency service at 81002402.
15. If I am visiting multiple countries during the same trip, do I need to purchase travel insurance for each destination?
If you are traveling to multiple destinations during the same trip, you only need to purchase one travel insurance policy. When purchasing the policy, choose all the destinations where the insured person will be traveling to.
16. Can I purchase travel insurance if I'm under 18 years old ?
Persons under 18 years old can only purchase the travel policy with an adult.
17. Do you offer family travel insurance plan?
Sorry, we are not offering family travel insurance plan currently.
18. Is there any exclusion for the policy?
Please see the below list of major exclusions which may assist you in deciding if this policy is right for you:
- Any Pre-Existing Condition
- Pandemics or Epidemics
- Pregnancy or childbirth, and any Injury or Sickness associated with pregnancy or childbirth
- Expeditions, manual work, missionary or humanitarian travel
- Extreme Sport or Sport Activities or competing in sporting competitions
- Mountaineering or Trekking above 3,000 meters
- Professional Sports
- Any loss which occurs in conenction with the effects of alcohol or drugs
- Bankruptcy of Common Carrier
- Any losses incurred in sanctioned countries
- Any travel to countries which are known to be at elevated risk
For a comprehensive list of exclusions please check the Policy Wording for full terms and conditions.