If you choose Taipei as a travel destination, you won’t be bored!
Some of the places to visit and things to do in Taipei include:
· Night markets – visiting the markets is like one big social event and a great way to try local food (the main activity!) and to buy lots of goods. Shilin Night Market is one of the largest and most popular. Here, you can try a variety of Taiwanese street food, shop for souvenirs, and enjoy the lively atmosphere. Raohe Street Night Market is known for its delicious food, particularly its pepper buns and pork ribs.
· Go hiking – Taiwan is home to numerous rugged mountains and there are many hiking trails to take advantage of. Thisshort but steep hike at Elephant Mountain Hiking Trail offers stunning views of Taipei and is a popular spot for watching the sunset. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and bring plenty of water.
· Take a dip in the hot springs – a trip to the Beitou Hot Springs. This natural geothermal area is located just outside of Taipei and is a great place to relax and unwind. There are several hot spring resorts in the area where you can soak in the mineral-rich waters and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
· Temples – there are over 15,000 temples in Taiwan, so you’ll find one that you’ll like. Some examples in Taipei include Bao'an Temple (a UNESCO World Heritage Site), City God Temple and Longshan Temple.
· Shopping – from malls to markets with unique arts and crafts, you’ll be able to bring something home. You may take a stroll through Songshan Cultural and Creative Park, which is home to art galleries, design studios, and artisan shops. The vibrant Ximending district is known for its shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.This pedestrian-friendly area is filled with shops, restaurants, and street performers; and
· Any visit to Taiwan isn’t complete without visiting the enormous Taipei 101 building, one of the tallest in the world at over 500 metres high.
Taiwan’s climate is tropical, with the monsoon season occurring from June to August – something to take note of if you are planning outdoor activities. Cloud cover is usually extensive and persists throughout the year.